Among the very first lines I wrote as a poet were these:
I am fine and I don’t mind
whoever you seem fit to bind…
It was written 10 years ago by a jilted lover, who was trying to find solace in an apparent selflessness, when his scorning beloved tied the knot with one of his closest friends. As if in a desperate struggle to survive, the bereaved heart was trying to portray a love that is grander than petty choices of a lover or a beloved. Nevertheless, however potent the situation was, the output is in brief, immature at its very best.
Yet, little did I know or even could imagine that this desperation, these immature yearnings were the mild beginning of one of the greatest emancipations for me. Which is to say, that immature murmuring grew up to be the divine road to nothing less than the absolute itself. Which brings me to the conclusion of this piece, the beginning – no matter how poor, humble or insignificant – will always open up new horizons that are burdened with neither of the aforesaid attributes. For in the context of the absolute, all the ways, no matter how varied they might appear to us, are uncannily similar.
Just remember, each and every minute droplets of rain that you see during a downpour are indeed the building blocks of all the oceans, rivers and water, frozen or liquid, the world has been blessed with so far!
- If you are a butterfly what would be your favourite tree to go and hide yourself in ?
: If I’m a butterfly, I’ll be a foolish one, not to hide but to bask in the shining sun! To sleep, any tree will do and any with flowers will be my favorite ones.
- What sort of path would you want to walk upon ? A. a one that leads through a forest B. a one that leads through an open field C. a one that would lead through a rocky mountain D. a quiet street Why ?
: I would love to walk on all four as all of them would provide me what I look for during a walk, solitude. But if I must make a list of preference for seven days of a week with only one option per day it will be ABCDABA. It is because the solitude is to me at its purest form in a forest, A is repeated. D is too common to be even considered among the other options, that is why it is in the middle to act as a relief. C is too barren, which B is not but still it is too plain.
- What would you like to watch on top of a mountain ? A sun rise or a sun set ? Why ?
: Both, for I believe seeing one without the other is only half of the circle or the picture, incomplete, despite all the grandeur.
- If you have just one minute to live ? What would you do ?
: Think of my probable union with God.
- Describe in three words or less the “crescent moon”
: Unfortunately I recently read an awesome poem on the crescent moon by a fellow blogger MOONSKITTLES @ WordPress. All the images coming to my mind about a crescent moon are from that poem. The only words with even a shred of originality are “Tidal Waves”, perhaps because of the moon’s influence on it.
- When walking on a rainy day without shoes, what is your favourite thing ? A. The feeling of mud B. The feeling when crossing puddles C. The feeling of wet grass D. Yuck…None of the above
- If someone taps at your door and says that he is god, what would you do ?
: Embrace him and see if it’s true!
- If you see a falling star and someone says to make a wish, what would that be ?
: I want to be where that star falls. (I hope I’m allowed to be this frank.)
- Who will be your most respected person if you are to have dinner with someday?
: Right now, it’s Evelyn Underhill.
- You have just won the Nobel prize for literature. and you are to give a speech of ten words. What would those be ?
: I urge readers to feel not just read my words! (You did not even give me enough words for a ‘Thanks’!)
‘Who am I?’ is a question I have often heard
and asked myself too. My first thoughts so far
had always labeled me to be the envious kind,
for I have always been envious of too many –
the disciples of Heraclitus and
Socrates or Plato, the companions
of all the Prophets, sent so far, both great and small
but I envy the most, those who found the clear path!
Then on second thoughts, I realized it’s jealousy!
Am I not jealous of those who have had union
with God for once that became forever?
How I wish my wings were as strong as theirs!
But our thoughts are relentless and so is
the image of myself, once it can define me!
Well, in a single breath of my thought I am
nothing less than a thief, a beggar, a pervert
and a homicidal maniac, at least!
Have I not vowed to steal the wealth, amassed
from poverty by corruption and avarice?
Have I not begged for peace every now and then?
I have dreamed of mutilating the genitals
of all the rapists and child molesters
and dreamed too of killing the tyrants of this world.
In the end all I might ever be able to say
is this, you have to come out and see for yourself,
for even if I knew, what we were, I could never tell!
I have never wished to be in Heaven,
for if I can’t have my union with God,
Hell should be just as comfortable as well!